Humidity is somewhat of a quandary. You don’t want too much humidity or you end up sweating to death. Too little humidity, and you can look like a prune. Here in Colorado, we have the prune effect — as most of the time, the air is extremely dry. But how do you find a happy medium?
Swan Heating and Air Conditioning in Loveland has the answer to this question in our whole house humidifiers. A whole house humidifier will restore the wetness back to your air, yet not drown you to the point you feel as if you were drowning. We specialize in everything HVAC — air conditioning, heating, plumbing, and, of course, whole air humidifiers. In this blog post, we’ll take a look at some of the advantages to a whole house humidifier. Contact us today to learn more!
THE ADVANTAGES OF A WHOLE HOUSE HUMIDIFIER
- Healthier air. This is perhaps the top reason to add in a whole house humidifier to your home. When you constantly breathe in dry air, your nasal passages can become dried out. Contrary to what most people think, your nasal passages involve more than your nose. In fact, your nasal passages take up a good portion of your face. Hence, breathing dry air constantly can cause irritations to the skin, eyes, nose, and mouth. Dry air can also affect those suffering from asthma and other respiratory illnesses. When you invest in a whole house humidifier system, you can help clear your sinuses, which is great for those suffering from seasonal allergies, add in much-needed moisture content, and improve your breathing.
- Decrease airborne pathogens. Remember, there is an optimal amount of moisture to add in to your home’s air. When you add in too much moisture through your whole house humidifier system, you can worsen illnesses, since bacteria and viruses thrive in warm, moist environments.
- Minimize snoring. When your nasal passages are properly moisturized, you may snore less as your body has an easier time of breathing. You could also minimize the amount of time you are restless at night and lessen the time it takes for you to fall asleep at night, leading to a better night’s rest overall.
- Helps moisturize your skin. In the winter when your heat is running a lot, this artificial heat can completely eliminate any moisture in the air by causing it to evaporate. Hence, this takes a toll on your skin, which needs moisture content in order to stay healthy and looking your best. Hence, you can think of a whole house humidifier system installed by Swan Heating and Air Conditioning in Loveland as lotion. This whole house humidifier system will help prevent cracked lips, itchy, dry skin, and dull spots from occurring.
- Saves on energy costs. When there’s a lot of moisture in your home, your home will automatically feel warmer at a lower temperature than it would be otherwise. This can save on heating costs as air with moisture also maintains more heat. A low humidity level can make the air feel cooler, which can in turn make you turn the thermostat up, increasing heating costs instead.
- Eliminates static electricity. Although your kids probably love rubbing their feet on the carpets and flooring and shocking each other (which by the way can keep your kids busy for hours if you needed to sneak in a little me time at home), it’s not necessarily the best thing to have in your home. Cool, dry air causes this to occur. Add in a whole house humidifier system from Swan Heating and Air Conditioning, and watch this game disappear.
- Protects home furnishings. Just like dry air can dry out your skin, it also has a similar effect on your home furnishings, in particular, wood products. Your treasured Grandfather clock inherited from your grandfather can quickly become warped, cracked or shrink if the environment is too dry, as well as your very expensive guitar made from the best woods. Furthermore, if your papers, photos, wall posters, or books are starting to crinkle, you’ll know it’s too dry in your home.
- Increases your comfort level. No one likes a dry environment where it feels as if they are walking in a desert. And when you’re sick and you’re constantly blowing your nose, a whole house humidifier can make a world of difference to not only how you feel, but also to the time it takes your to recover.
Swan Heating and Air Conditioning in Loveland recommends a home humidity temperature of between 35 and 50 percent. There are a lot of different types of whole house humidifiers available, from steam humidifiers to fan-powered humidifiers. When you partner with Swan Heating and Cooling in Loveland, we can recommend which whole house humidifier is best for your living situation.
In addition to our whole house humidifier systems, we offer AC repair and furnace repair, as well as installation services and maintenance. Our mission is to offer you top-notch HVAC services so you can be comfortable inside your home. Let’s face it, we all spend a lot of time at home outside of work, and we want to be cool during the summer and warm during the winter and just right in-between. A whole house humidifier system installed by Swan Heating and Air Conditioning can go a long way to making your home a place you love to go to. Contact us today for any of your HVAC needs, as well as a free estimate!